When it comes to keeping your home cool during the summer and warm during the winter, your HVAC system plays a crucial role. But the cost of running this system can quickly add up, leaving you with a hefty energy bill each month. Fortunately, there are several ways to save on HVAC and keep your home comfortable without breaking the bank. Here are five tips to get you started:
1. Invest in a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat can help you save money on your energy bills by automatically adjusting the temperature in your home based on your schedule. For example, you can program your thermostat to turn off your HVAC system during the day when you're at work and then turn it back on an hour before you come home.
2. Change your air filters regularly: Dirty air filters can cause your HVAC system to work harder than necessary, which can drive up your energy bills. Be sure to change your air filters regularly to keep your system running efficiently.
3. Seal air leaks: Air leaks around windows, doors, and other areas of your home can make it more difficult for your HVAC system to maintain a consistent temperature. By sealing these leaks, you can help your system work more efficiently and save money on your energy bills.
4. Use ceiling fans: Ceiling fans can help circulate air throughout your home, which can make it feel cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. By using ceiling fans in conjunction with your HVAC system, you can reduce the amount of time your system needs to run, which can save you money on energy costs.
5. Schedule regular maintenance: Regular maintenance can help your HVAC system run more efficiently and prevent costly breakdowns. Be sure to schedule annual maintenance with a qualified HVAC technician to keep your system in top shape.
By following these five tips, you can save money on your HVAC system and keep your home comfortable all year long.
Is the system is running at peak efficiency? Call for an assessment (705) 794-2585. If you have any inquiries don’t hesitate to call us, set up an appointment, and discuss your situation.
Contact us for Furnace Repair Innisfil, Barrie, Orillia, Collingwood & Muskoka.